Projects and Activities
Our Kiwanis club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Additionally, we have speakers at our weekly meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are the projects and activities in which we are currently involved:
- Our Signature Project - Patterson International Elementary - provide scholarships so students with financial need can attend Outdoor Lab; purchase books for classrooms; volunteer reading/mentor; 100 mile club; PTSA.
- Boys and Girls Club - Annual donation to our local community club at Emory Elementary (formerly Stein Elementary and O'Connell Middle School)
- Karlis House - We Serve Monthly Dinners to staff and families, assist with playground and garden maintenance
- The Write Stuff - Provide school supplies in January each year to all students in schools with the highest population of free and reduced lunch program.
- Caring for Sharing - Annual Contribution for annual food baskets to seniors in need in our community
- Action Center - various volunteer opportunities
- Second Wind Fund - Annual Contribution to this orgranization that works to prevent teen suicide